Fundica is committed to protecting the privacy and confidential information of its users. As such, this Policy may be changed from time to time in order to better meet user needs. You should periodically check the Site for updates to this Policy. Your continued use of the Site following any changes constitutes your acceptance of these changes.
Collection of Personal & Non-Personal Information
Personal Information means information about an identifiable individual, as more particularly described under applicable privacy legislation ("Personal Information").Non-Personal information is information that is collected for statistical purposes, which cannot be traced back to you.
Fundica collects the Personal Information that you provide to us when you use the Site and the Services. The Personal Information Fundica collects may include your name, mailing address, billing address, payment information, email address and phone number. Fundica may also collect Personal Information about you with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain non-personal information automatically. This information includes, but is not limited to, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, and any other information we collect directly or indirectly from or about you through the Site with your consent.
A cookie is a feature of your web browser that consists of a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web server. Cookies help us compile aggregate statistics about usage of this Site and the Services, such as how many users visit the Site, how long users spend viewing the Website, and what pages are viewed most often. This information is used to improve the content of the Website and App. You can set your browser to notify you when you are sent a cookie. This gives you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of the Website, App, or Services.
We use four, first-party cookies: GA (_gat, _gid, _ga) and PHPSESSID.
Your IP address is reported by your web browser whenever you visit a page on the Website. This information is recorded together with your registration information on our databases.
Use of Collected Information
We generally use Personal Information we collect in relation to the Site and the Services for the following purposes:
- providing funding research, identification of other funding sources, and support services either directly or through third parties;
- promoting our Services as well as any affiliated or partner events or services;
- providing company information and industry updates via our newsletter (which you can unsubscribe from at any time);
- replying to your comments, questions and inquiries;
- when you elect to contact a funding sources through the email client in our Site;
- meeting certain legal requirements; and
- for other business purposes, with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
We may also use the Personal Information we obtain to provide you with company information, such as email notifications, newsletter subscriptions or other information which may be of interest to you.
You may opt out of this use of your Personal Information by contacting us by email at: email@example.com, by phone at 1-855-FUNDICA.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers and Consultants. Fundica may transfer Personal Information to its service providers or third-party consultants that perform services on our behalf. These service providers and third parties will be subject to their own data protection requirements providing the same or greater level of security provided by Fundica. Some of these service providers, consultants or affiliates may be located outside of Canada, including in the United States and in other foreign countries, and your personal information may be collected, used, disclosed, stored and processed in the United States or elsewhere outside of Canada for the purposes described in this Policy and be subject to legal requirements in Canada, the United States and other foreign countries applicable to our agents, service providers and consultants, for example lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in those countries. You may obtain information on our policies with respect to the use of foreign service providers or consultants by writing to us at 1117 Sainte-Catherine O., Suite 610, Montreal, Quebec H3B 1H9.
- Subdomain Partners. Fundica may transfer Personal Information to Subdomain Partners that are clearly identified as “Powered by” or similar language in the upper left-hand corner of the website that perform similar Services to Fundica or funding services. These Subdomain Partners will be subject to their own data protection requirements providing the same or greater level of security provided by Fundica. Subdomain Partners will use Personal Information to answer questions about their financing products and services, as well as for advertising and newsletter communications.
- Business Transactions. Personal Information may be used by Fundica and disclosed to parties in relation to a proposed or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets, for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction. Assignees or successors of Fundica or our business or assets may use and disclose your Personal Information for similar purposes as those described in this Policy.
- Legal and Regulatory Requirements. Fundica may disclose your Personal Information as required to meet certain legal requirements.
Fundica will not otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any other third party without your written consent.
Third Party Websites
The Site may contain links or references to third party websites. Fundica content related to the Site or the Services, including but not limited to Fundica search engines and widgets, may also be made directly available on third-party websites. Please be aware that these third party websites are not governed by this Policy and that your Personal Information may not be protected on such third-party websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies applicable to every website you visit.
We take proactive steps to ensure the protection of the personal and confidential information in our custody and control, including, but not limited to:
- User passwords and data are protected using the latest encryption technologies to guard against unauthorized access to our systems;
- IBM secure data centers to help protect data in our care;
- Multiple zones and layers on firewalls to protect our internal and external networks;
- Third party service providers are thoroughly vetted for their security practices.
Nevertheless, you should be aware that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. You should therefore take care in deciding what information you send us via email.
Access and Correction
Fundica may maintain a file of your Personal Information subject to this Policy, accessible only to authorized employees and agents of Fundica and our service providers who require access to your Personal Information for the purposes of performing their duties. You may have the right to obtain access to Personal Information we maintain about you by writing to us at 1117 Sainte-Catherine O., Suite 610, Montreal, Quebec H3B 1H9. Similarly, if you believe that Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, to the extent provided by applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by writing us at the aforementioned address. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and/or may ask you to provide other details before granting you access to the information. We will store your Personal Information until you withdraw your consent for us to do so. All other data as specified above will be retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it.
Last modification: April 28, 2020